PDA

View Full Version : Additive question

bobbennett33
10-29-2007, 04:47
I've been using Stanadyne Performance formula in my truck since I bought it a couple of months ago. I noticed that the bottle says "store above freezing". I'd like to keep a bottle of the stuff in the truck, but I wonder if this could be a problem during the winter months? Anybody know what happens to this stuff when it gets cold?

Robyn
10-29-2007, 06:04
I am going to venture a guess that in it's concentrated state it may seperate out. One thing for sure once you put it in the tank the stuff can certainly get exposed to below freezing temps.

Not sure. Call stanadyne up on the phone and ask them directly.
Its their product so they should have an answer for you.

I personally have never used any of the patent skunk piss additives in my diesels.
The only product I have ever used has been tranny oil and it seems that this is turning out to be not such a good idea.

Hope this helps

Robyn

D_R_C
12-21-2007, 22:01
I've been using Stanadyne Performance formula in my truck since I bought it a couple of months ago. I noticed that the bottle says "store above freezing". I'd like to keep a bottle of the stuff in the truck, but I wonder if this could be a problem during the winter months? Anybody know what happens to this stuff when it gets cold?

Check out Diesel Kleen in the white bottle it is for cold temps,also if you keep a bottle inside the truck you might want to put that bottle in another container.
If you don`t,the inside of cab will smell like the additive,not real pleasant.
I use a old water jug,and I won`t leave it in the cab any longer than I have to.
Standadyne is pretty much the same as Diesel Kleen in the silver jug,not for below freezing.