PDA

View Full Version : P1656 W/ses Light?

DA BIG ONE
10-29-2007, 16:10
Have ongoing problem w/P1656 boost control circuit w/SES light, clear code/light and it comes back after a few starts, engine runs fine always.

1999 6.5td no boost control circuit clipped at harness and using mechanical boost controller.

Is there a resistor I can put into circuit to fool it or?

More Power
11-01-2007, 22:49
I'd talk to BH. My guess is he'd know what to do to prevent boost codes - with his programming and TM.

It might be that the boost pressure sensor should have been left in place. The PCM will look for shorts & opens in the various sensor circuits (too low a sensor voltage or too high a sensor voltage), unless those checks have been written out of the program.

Jim

DA BIG ONE
11-03-2007, 12:09
I'd talk to BH. My guess is he'd know what to do to prevent boost codes - with his programming and TM.

It might be that the boost pressure sensor should have been left in place. The PCM will look for shorts & opens in the various sensor circuits (too low a sensor voltage or too high a sensor voltage), unless those checks have been written out of the program.

Jim

The boost pressure sensor is in and connected, however, I've cut out the harness that goes to the vacuum solnoid for wastegate because I could never get it to work.