PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber engine cover project

tygaboy
11-01-2007, 18:28
Hi all,
I'm new here. Short story is that I'm putting a '93 6.5 in my '52 Suburban hot rod. I also happen to make my own composite parts as a hobby.
Combine the two and I end up starting on a quick project to make a replacement carbon fiber engine cover. I'm posting the build on a site where I've posted other composite stuff I've done. Search on User = tygaboy if you're interested in any of that.

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3496933#post3496933

In any case, I thought you might like to see what I'm up to. I'm not fishing for customers as this really is a hobby. But I do swap my composite work or help folks who help me by making composite stuff as a "thank you".

Again, just thought you'd enjoy seeing this come together. And I'm sure I'll be posting for help as I get into the engine install/mod part of my Suburban project.

Drive safely,
Chris

gmctd
11-05-2007, 10:16
Neat project - oughtta be fun to build and drive - my '89 gotta '95 EFI 6.5, plus converted to 4wd, plus converted to drw - I get as much fun doin' the conversion as drivin' it.

Just FYI, as you won't get much response for requests - the TURBO DIESEL vanity cover causes PCM problems with the '94-up EFI trucks, so most are prolly hangin' on a garage wall, somewhere, or otherwise outta sight outta mind - mine's turned turtle, with stuff stored in it, on a shelf.

(Prolly gonna harelip some GM engineer, when he reads that, eh?)