PDA

View Full Version : Calling Turbodriverart!

jspringator
01-12-2006, 08:31
I ordered some Diamond glass lens headlights that I think are the same as yours. Did yours have a glass lens with clips, and have a chromium "hood" over the low beams? I was wondering if the glass comes off so we could remove the "hood"? I was unable to get the lens off, but it must come off, or they wouldn't have use clips. I am about ready to exchange these for a W/T grill and accessories, and get some Hellas or Cibe e-codes.

TurboDiverArt
01-15-2006, 07:14
Originally posted by James Springate:
I ordered some Diamond glass lens headlights that I think are the same as yours. Did yours have a glass lens with clips, and have a chromium "hood" over the low beams? I was wondering if the glass comes off so we could remove the "hood"? I was unable to get the lens off, but it must come off, or they wouldn't have use clips. I am about ready to exchange these for a W/T grill and accessories, and get some Hellas or Cibe e-codes. Sorry, just saw these. Mine have clear plastic lenses, I don't know if they are the same. I tried I don't remember if I had clips but I remember thinking that the lens was sealed to the housing to lock out moisture.

I'm also considering switching to the dual sealed beam setup.

Art.

[ 01-15-2006, 07:10 AM: Message edited by: TurboDiverArt ]

HammerWerf
01-30-2006, 12:45
Art,
Bumping this up, changing the subject.

How is the larger diameter tail pipe working out? I looked at my system yesterday, and noticed the inlet to the muffler is 3", outlet is 2.75", and krinckly. Found you posts on tailpipe effort, and thought I'd ask. Factory Installed down pipe is smooth, not crushed. 3" pipe looks mandrel bent. interested in boost and pyro changes. Your description sounds positive.

Grape posted about a muffler by DynaMax. I looked at their offering, and it appears a couple might fit. Heard of any reason not to use these mufflers on our trucks?

HammerWerf

TurboDiverArt
01-31-2006, 19:42
Originally posted by HammerWerf:
Art,
Bumping this up, changing the subject.

How is the larger diameter tail pipe working out? I looked at my system yesterday, and noticed the inlet to the muffler is 3", outlet is 2.75", and krinckly. Found you posts on tailpipe effort, and thought I'd ask. Factory Installed down pipe is smooth, not crushed. 3" pipe looks mandrel bent. interested in boost and pyro changes. Your description sounds positive.

Grape posted about a muffler by DynaMax. I looked at their offering, and it appears a couple might fit. Heard of any reason not to use these mufflers on our trucks?

HammerWerf Larger tailpipe is awesome. Sounds great and looks cool too. Wish I had gone with a 4" pipe. My DP didn't look too crushed from looking up at it under the truck. When I got it out it was easy to notice the pipe was in fact crushed in some places. Even uncrushed, it's not 3". Worth changing out the DP with a mandrel bent one. Also, using the stock main pipe, there is a crush point that needs to be corrected.

Personally, if I had to do it again I would just buy a full kit from Pinnacle. Jardine exhaust, 3" DP, 3.5 main pipe into 4" muffler and 4" tailpipe, $300. It can't be beat given the amount of work it is to "fix" the stock exhaust.

Art.