PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Partial Dash - Silly I know!

HillBilly2
11-02-2007, 18:03
I'm almost embarassed to tell this but here goes....

I bought my burb in Janurary, everything was stock and in pretty good shape except for the radio. It has one of the new digital pos that came from Wally world or some such. I do NOT like this thing, so when I found an original am-fm cassete on Ebay I jumped on it. Last weekend I was going to install it but when I pulled the front cover I found they had used a sabre saw on the metal dash to make it fit! All of the old mountings are gone.

If anyone has an old junker truck and would be willing to saw out a piece around the radio that I could rivet or weld in I would be happy to pay you for your trouble.

Thanks

Robyn
11-03-2007, 07:54
I have an 82 Burb sitting out here that is intact I believe. (Same dash as the 90)

I will give it a look see later when I head out and make sure the dash is still intact.

How much of it do you need.
I also have the plastic bezel that covers all the instrumnet cluster and the control areas too.

I will post later today as to what sort of shape its in. I can snap a piccy of it and post it if you like.

Robyn

diesel65
11-03-2007, 08:39
Just a heads up,
The older dash had the twin post radio, I don't know when GM converted over to the big box radio. I think it was 1989.

HillBilly2
11-03-2007, 13:21
It should be the same, the trucks changed in 88 but the burbs didn't change til 91 I think.

If I had about 2 inches larger then the original mounting holes I would have plenty of overlap.

My bezel is in good shape.

Thanks