PDA

View Full Version : ...cruise control...

butch7
11-05-2007, 09:06
I search but couldn't find it,but a while back I thought there was a thread about using factory cruise control from a gasser on a 6.2/6.5. I have a gasser 91 I have for parts that has tilt and cruise. My 94 K2500 didn't come with it. Both trucks are 5 speeds. My plans are for a DB2 ip for it and it would be a good time to swap columns. I'd really like cruise on this truck when I'm on the hiway. Am I imagining this or is it doable?....

More Power
11-05-2007, 13:09
There's an article currently available to subscribers that discusses the cruise module installation in the 1994-95 models (http://www.thedieselpage.com/members/features/cruise.htm), when converting to MFI.

A new article will be available on the site by the 15th that discusses the cruise module modification for the 1996-99 models, as part of an 1996-99 EFI-MFI conversion piece. Each article includes a wiring diagram specific to each model year range. :)

Jim

ccatlett1984
11-06-2007, 19:25
while this is not the correct forum, will there be or has there been, an article for the 6.2L mech IP trucks for installing cruise?

JohnC
11-08-2007, 15:23
Adding cruise control to the '94 should be just a matter of switching the turn signal stalk. The cruise in the '94 is all electronic. I don't know, but I'd be surprised if the '91 control would work, though.

mrwilecoyote
02-25-2008, 18:54
I did a search for my problem and came up with this thread. I am trying to install cruise in my 1995 Tahoe. It has the DS4. I changed the multi function switch to one with cruise and installed the fuse at the block. Can't get it to work. I tested the respective terminals at the PCM from the multifunction switch. The wiring is good and it is sending power to PCM when operated. Still nbo cruise. What did I miss ? A little backround on the truck. I check 3 x for engine codes. None(OBDI) I do have ABS codes but have been told that would not lock out the cruise however what do you guys think ? The ABS needs a module. I was not going to fix it unless I have to.