PDA

View Full Version : fuel injection pump

BIGTPM73
11-06-2007, 13:13
I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago asking some questions about my truck spuddering and stalling, and bad gas mileage. Many made suggestions, but it turns out, it needs a new fuel injection pump. Does anybody know where I can get one at a reasonable price. The dealer want $1800 just for the part, and another 900 to put it in. My friend and I will put it in, but I am looking for a better price for the part. Thanks Tom

Kenneth
11-06-2007, 13:42
Kennedy diesel offers a pretty reasonable price. I don't know if you have an electronic or mechanical, but the mechanical pump at kennedy diesel is $1,200. The electronic one is about the same price. Heath Diesel also offers one as well. I would definitely stay with trusted sources, like Kennedy diesel and those suppliers listed on the TDP advertiser's page. Also check out your local Stanadyne shop. Personally I would go with one from Kennedy, but there are cheaper options out there as well. Depending on the condition of your pump you could have it rebuilt by your local Stanadyne shop probably a little cheaper. If you want to go new, I would stick with the Advertiser's page here at TDP or your local GM or Stanadyne shop.

93GMCSierra
11-06-2007, 16:21
I bought a rebuilt pump from a local diesel shop for $650, that is the absolute cheapest I could find other then an online dealer and I don't know how reputable they are. this one is a mechanical though, but the electronic should not be too much different.