PDA

View Full Version : 05 Lly Dtc P3407, P2563 & P0046,

jimsally
11-06-2007, 21:21
1. I am seeing the following codes: P3407, P2563 & P0046, however P0046 is the predominant code. (90% of the time)
2. The code is only set under the following operating conditions:
a. At startup
b. On startup after the vehicle has been setting for less than 1 hour.
c Never sets a code after an overnight cool down.
d If it doesn’t set a code within 1 minute of startup, it will not set during that run/driving cycle.
e. If conditions in item (b) are met, ---90% of the time I can prevent a code from setting by increasing the engine RMS’s to 1500+ immediately upon starting the vehicle and holding the 1500+ Rpm’s for 10 to 30 seconds.
f. If conditions item (b) are met, ---- 80% of the time a code will be set if I start the engine Normally (turn key- no accelerator) and let it set at idle for 20 to 50 seconds.

WHAT DO you THINK???????

More Power
11-13-2007, 15:29
P3407 Cyl1 Exhaust Valve Ctrl Circ Low.... I'm not aware that this code applies to these engines.....
P2563 Turbocharger boost control position sensor performance.
P0046 Turbocharger boost control position performance.

The computer controlled hydraulic actuating servo rotates the ring to change each vane position in unison, which varies the velocity of the exhaust gases acting on the turbine wheel. This computer-controlled variable action provides real-time control over boost pressure, eliminating the need for a wastegate. A new set of diagnostic trouble codes became available, along with the introduction of the LLY, to help troubleshoot a variable nozzle turbo or boost pressure related fault.

A technician with a Tech II scan tool can “exercise” the vane positioning system, and determine whether the various components are operating within specifications. You may only need to have the technician perform a position “re-learn” to solve the problem. The system uses a servo motor to position the vanes, and a sensor to read the position. A re-learn procedure gets both components reading from the same page - so to speak.

Hope this helps... :)

Jim