PDA

View Full Version : What Is The Stock Hp On A 1995 6.5 Turbo Diesel

7SEC1000
11-07-2007, 06:57
Just Like The Title States What Is The Stock Hp On A 1995 6.5 Turbo Diesel In A 3500 4 Dr 4wd Dually Thanks .:d

Robyn
11-07-2007, 07:07
Howdy and welcome to TDP

The published SAE HP rating (rear of trans with all accessories operating)
is 190 hp
This number can be improved a metric buttload with the addition of a 3-1/2" or 4" free flowing exhaust and a good power chip.

The air intake system snorkel in the fender is another area that needs attention too.

My rig has the Banks stinger system which is a 3-1/2" EXHAUST and an air inlet mod.
I have a power chip in the ECM too. (mine is catless)

The truck is awesome. (95 3500 crewcab dually 4x4)
It will never run with the new Dmax trucks but it will scare the hell out of the older powerstrokes.

18mpg hwy (running light)
15 City

These older rigs can run well with a little help.

Several vendors that advertise here at the page that can help you find some serious HP thats just waiting to be turned loose.

Best

Robyn

7SEC1000
11-07-2007, 07:13
Thank you very much Robyn !!
i was looking at doing the 4 in exhaust ,80hp power chip ,calibration resistor, and wastgate mod for now my truck seems really slow but i have only compared it to my bro n laws duramax with his 6 gun on it.lol

Jochen Woern
11-07-2007, 07:29
Hello, how are you?
I have to agree with Robyn, these trucks have a lot to give with a little modification. I changed the air intake and the exhaust to a 4" inch system and that already increased the power tremendously.
In the process of doing Gauges, a Turbo Master and ECM Upgrade from Heath Diesel. This should do the trick completely.

Once again have to agree with Robyn: You can NOT compare this to a new Duramax, but I am sure your monthly payments (if any at all) are also considerably less then those on the D-Max. :)

Good luck.

Robyn
11-07-2007, 08:22
:D:D:D:D
YESSSSSSSS the little engine that can

Comparing the 6.5 to the DMax will be disapointing but they can produces some good reliable and fairly impressive power with just a little coaking.

My 7000 pound Dahooooley will scorch the hides at the light and turn some very repectable 0-60 times (I dont have real good numbers but in the 9's is close)
Not bad for that land barge.

Getting the exhaust flowing freely and the turbo working good along with improved programing and fueling will really wake these things up.

Robyn

Jochen Woern
11-07-2007, 10:40
Once again Robyn, I would have to agree.

So, now tell me this:

- Got the aFe Performance Air Intake
- Got the Pinnacle 4" inch Exhaust

- Will I notice a big difference once I have the HEATH Turbo Master Boost and the HEATH ECM/PCM Max E-Torque Chip installed?

Will this wake the truck up even more???

drewkeen
11-11-2007, 16:27
Yes, they will make more difference than the intake and exhaust combined.

More Power
11-11-2007, 17:06
Thank you very much Robyn !!
i was looking at doing the 4 in exhaust ,80hp power chip ,calibration resistor, and wastgate mod for now my truck seems really slow but i have only compared it to my bro n laws duramax with his 6 gun on it.lol

A number of people have contacted me in the past year who bought a performance chip or ECM for their 6.5 only to be disappointed in what it actually produced on a chassis dyno. This is what spurred the addition of this thread (http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=29568) in the 6.2/6.5 Tech Forum. A reality check.

Now, for sure, a 30 RWHP gain is significant (which is what most top-end 6.5 programs actually produce at the rear wheels), and is definitely worth the investment. It'll make a big difference in driveability. I recommend dynoing your truck before making any mods, then again after. ;)

Jim