PDA

View Full Version : Wiring help

rtarh2o
11-07-2007, 10:47
I am in the process of installing a 6.2 into a Toyota Land Cruiser. I am trying to figure out a few things so I can start wiring it. Below are some pictures with the parts in question. I have labeled a couple of them with what I think they are. If anyone can help me identify these things and give me a little tutorial on the how they should be wired I might be able to get this thing by Christmas!
The first picture is of the IP, the second of what I think is the temp switch. From what I understand power goes through the temp switch to the HDCA and fast idle on the IP? In this same picture there is a big object coming out of the water housing, what is it?
The next picture is also on the water housing near the thermostat, is that the water temperature?
The next picture is a single wire coming out of the drivers side head towards the front, what is it?
Are any of these wired in the same circuit?
Thanks for your help
Rusty

More Power
11-19-2007, 14:50
IP wiring – The fuel injection pump’s fuel shut-off solenoid terminal is closer to the front of the engine. The other terminal is the HPCA solenoid. You have them identified correctly. The “What?” indicated in the photo looks to be similar to a 1982-84 glow controller, which is normally located at the inside rear of the driver’s side cyl head in the civilian models. A glow controller at the front of the engine might be a military mod. I don’t know what the wires are for (identified as “fast-idle wires”). Again, it looks to be a military modification.

Temp switch – This is the location for the HPCA thermal switch used in the mechanical injected 6.2/6.5.

Thermostat wires – I dunno..

Head wire – This is the usual location for the engine coolant temperature sender in the 6.2 and early 6.5s.

Jim