PDA

View Full Version : Engine or maybe Tranny problems

epa1775
11-08-2007, 12:04
So as I was driving to work today my truck wouldn't accelerate above 65 mph. No matter how hard I pushed the accelerator it wouldn't go. If I was under 65 and let off the gas it would then accelrate from say 55-65. This was all on the highway. The RPMs never went above 2K.

Once I got into the city it was even worse. It wouldn't go above 35. I was driving up a hill and it was pegged at 30. The RPMs never went above 2K.

It was 39 degrees when I left my house and warmed up to 43. My tranny never got above 150 degrees. I recently had the tranny flushed, pan dropped and both filters changed. The check engine light came on as well. Do I need to take it to a tranny shop or the GM dealership or a regular diesel mechanic?

Thanks for the help.

Pete

Duramaster
11-08-2007, 13:28
First things first. How old is the fuel filter? How about the air filter? Sounds to me like the fuel filter is plugged and that will turn on the SES light. It usually sets a P0087 low fuel rail pressure. You might just change the filter for grins anyway. :cool:

epa1775
11-09-2007, 19:07
The problem turned out to be a dirty fuel filter and injectors. They said with the new low sulfur fuel it leaves more sediments than the old stuff. Had injectors cleaned and fuel filter replaced.

Pete