PDA

View Full Version : 99 suburban won't start

sparkylisle
11-09-2007, 12:21
my truck would start immediately when started every day while the weather was warm but if I let it set for several days it became harder to start and now that the weather has cooled and its set for a week it won't start. It tries, but nothing but white smoke.
Using the Diesel troubleshooting & repair guide I've determined that the glow plugs aren't heating so I'm going to replace the glowplug relay.

I've called around and found prices anywhere from $39-62 and I was wondering if you guys have found one brand to be better than the others??

I'm also replacing the glowplugs with the recommended AC-60g and what do i need to remove to replace the ones on the righthand (us passenger side)????

DennisG01
11-09-2007, 13:03
From what I've read through the years, the OEM relay is pretty decent to start with. Glow plugs going bad comes up a lot (especially the WAP/Quick heats), but not so much with the relay. If there are other brands available (if indeed they are not just re-badged), I'd probably stick with the GM relay.

As far as what to remove for the plugs, there's quite a few posts about this. Try doing a search...Otherwise we'll just start up another thread that has just about been beat to death. It's funny, these glow plug questions always seem to pop up when the weather gets colder?:rolleyes: