PDA

View Full Version : nvmntlion hit the nail on the head!

Dihrdbowti
01-13-2006, 22:47
nvmntlion pointed me in the right direction and hit two birds with one stone. I have a sagging spring problem. So I went to a local 4wd shop to have it checked out and see what could be done. We discussed a mild lift to add a leafs with reduction shackles (which by the way can't work on a 2 door diesel Yukon/Tahoe because the fuel tank is in the way). When they went underneath to check it out and to see what else we could do they said that they noticed that my axle spring plates are missing causing excessive axle wrap which has been my second problem since I have owned it. They were not able to get it taken care of today but on Monday I get it all taken care of.. Springs re-arched, spring plates, and a new stronger main leaf.
Thank you nvmntlion and it's me who owes that cup of coffee!! :D

Turbine Doc
01-15-2006, 10:00
Cure for axle wrap and some extra carry capacity www.activesuspension.com (http://www.activesuspension.com) easy install and passive ride wise until you load up the vehicle

Dihrdbowti
01-20-2006, 16:22
Well got the truck back and boy what a difference. It now sits level and rides better. Could it be because the shocks were compressed more than normal? Still have a little bit of axle wrap. Guess that will never go away. Will have to get another pic so I can update my avatar.

Thanks Tim I might look at those as well.

Kennedy
01-20-2006, 17:37
Many trucks (especially SUV's) are actually undersprung on their lighter, primary stage. I added a leaf to my 2002 and added some arch also. Rides much better IMHO.

nvmtnlion
01-21-2006, 10:51
Glad it worked out for you! I agree with Kennedy, and I have had to have spring work done on all of my GM SUV's from S-10 to Suburban.