PDA

View Full Version : Legitimacy of Marine Injector Nozzles on Ebay?

coinball
11-13-2007, 14:02
Does anyone have the Bosch P/N for these nozzle? I plan to contact the seller and see if they really are Marine's or not.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY-GMC-6-5-6-5L-DIESEL-MARINE-INJECTOR-NOZZLES_W0QQitemZ150182398899QQihZ005QQcategoryZ33 554QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

No bad feedback on the seller so maybe these are the real deal...

Craig M
11-13-2007, 17:29
The marine injector issue for the 6.5 GM engine has been discussed in this forum a few times. Check the search function, but as I recall the consensus was that for the 6.5, fuel volume per cylinder was determined from the injecton pump and not the nozzle, so a higher volume nozzle will have no direct effect on the engine without other modification to the engine.

93GMCSierra
11-13-2007, 23:22
Other mods such as 18 to one pistons, Intercooler, larger exhaust and a few other things that he has mentioned in his Sig I think that might qualify.

Kennedy
11-14-2007, 15:51
The first thing that I would ask is what brand they are. The pics show Bosch vials, but you never know. You won't touch the true high flow nozzles for that kind of money.

It's sad to see so many trip over themselves trying to sell a second rate product for less than the guys doing it right...

coinball
11-15-2007, 11:50
I've contacted USDiesel to see who actually makes these nozzles; and they claim that it is made by a company other than Bosch (although they do offer Bosch marine OEM nozzles, and I'm awaiting pricing on them), I'm waiting to see who they say the nozzles are made by...

So instead of just claiming their full of $hit because it's on eBay, I took the time to make sure :)

I'll let you guys know what the final verdict is...

coinball
11-15-2007, 13:33
Final email response:

"Please be informed that Bosch, Delphi, Stanadyne, and the other OEM's produce and have produced nozzles from around the world. Some may come from plants in Europe or Asia, or South America and many other factories. USDiesel also has nozzles produced in many different plants from different countries. Sorry, but we are not at liberty to offer what plants we have these units produced. You will need to trust our judgment and experience to bring the best quality at the best price to your door step. Many of our customers have for years.

The Bosch marine nozzles direct from the Bosch warehouse would be $ 38.18 each. We do not stock these units because of the high price, but can get them quickly."

Um I'll stick to my local injector rebuiler, thank you very much...

DmaxMaverick
11-15-2007, 14:46
Between the lines:

"Yeah. They're made in China, but we don't admit to it."

(this applies to any retailer)
If they offer a quality product, and are proud of and stand behind their product, they should have no problem with full disclosure. It isn't a proprietary secret or anything. Any retailer that keeps trivial secrets or declines to answer questions regarding the origin of a specific product is subject to scrutiny. There's nothing wrong with sourcing products from various countries. The bottom line is quality. To be blunt, I feel there is a quality difference when comparing products according to their country of origin. In most cases, not just ocasionally.

coinball
11-15-2007, 15:40
my thougts exactly...

Robyn
11-15-2007, 17:13
I take my injectors down to "Diesel Fuel Injection Company" in Portland and have Mark set them up to do what they are supposed to do.
I have never had a set that did not work great. The cost is very competitive too.

I will not, repeat, will not buy from the Elcheepo seller on the internet.
The local folks like JK, Heath and others that advertise here will treat you right.

Good luck with your journey.

Robyn

mrbornery21
11-19-2007, 00:48
Hey Eric, Try this guy http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY-GMC-MARINE-6-5-6-5L-TURBO-DIESEL-INJECTOR-NOZZLES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33554QQihZ017QQ itemZ270188379233QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW I bought these nozzles from him, And they came in yellow/red boxes for each one, all eight boxes were taped together, Each nozzle was lubed and sealed in a protective coating. you will have to cut a circle in the top of the coating and then down the side to get it off. The nozzles are marked SD311 MADE IN GERMANY. And they have the Bosch logo that looks like an H in a circle, So I'm 99.9% sure there Bosch. I can't remember If it said "BOSCH" But the logo's there and there brand new. Im satisfied and the shipping's Free and Fast cost $139.99 check it out

coinball
11-20-2007, 12:57
Hey Eric, Try this guy http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY-GMC-MARINE-6-5-6-5L-TURBO-DIESEL-INJECTOR-NOZZLES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33554QQihZ017QQ itemZ270188379233QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW I bought these nozzles from him, And they came in yellow/red boxes for each one, all eight boxes were taped together, Each nozzle was lubed and sealed in a protective coating. you will have to cut a circle in the top of the coating and then down the side to get it off. The nozzles are marked SD311 MADE IN GERMANY. And they have the Bosch logo that looks like an H in a circle, So I'm 99.9% sure there Bosch. I can't remember If it said "BOSCH" But the logo's there and there brand new. Im satisfied and the shipping's Free and Fast cost $139.99 check it out

Thanks for the tip! I saw those and figured they were bogus, but it sounds like you got a good deal on them. I'm going to give them a shot since you made out OK.

Kennedy
11-20-2007, 15:53
Keep in mind a couple of things:

1) Made in XXX for Bosch to Bosch specs OR in a Bosch owned plant is one thing. Made by Xiong Zang to copy is another.

2) There is such a thing as a reman nozzle. I'd never use them. Any Bosch nozzle will come in a clear vial with bosch sticker and no "goop" on them. The PROPER nozzle tip will be visually different from the OE as it lacks a thin center extension tip.

coinball
11-21-2007, 11:55
Kennedy - what are the correct Bosch part numbers for the Marine Injector Nozzles?

coinball
12-21-2007, 22:34
Well I ordered a set of nozzles from that ebay seller and they appear to be the real deal, all for only $119!

The bottom of the nozzle is completely flat; like kennedy mentioned, there is no center extension tip.

SD311 is the p/n on them, which I found referenced somewhere on the net along with a HO DB2 pump variant, so i'm like 99.99999% sure these are legit...

jpgreen
12-23-2007, 09:20
Not saying this is the case here, but keep in mind the folks over in Asia are master counterfeiters. If they find a sellable item, they will copy it down to the very last detail.

I was over there as saw it first hand with my own eyes on many products.

Kennedy
12-25-2007, 19:51
Well I ordered a set of nozzles from that ebay seller and they appear to be the real deal, all for only $119!

The bottom of the nozzle is completely flat; like kennedy mentioned, there is no center extension tip.

SD311 is the p/n on them, which I found referenced somewhere on the net along with a HO DB2 pump variant, so i'm like 99.99999% sure these are legit...

That's not any Bosch number that I am familiar with. Not even close. I see a lot of discount "marine" and "high pop" injectors coming to the market. I suppose some day I should buy some and see what they REALLY are. Then again, I know what I offer and why they cost what they do...