PDA

View Full Version : New Here, Have Some ?'s

allformike
11-20-2007, 09:48
First Off I Would Like To Say What A Pleasure It Is To Be A Very Very Small Part Of This Whole Thing, And I Know You Guys Can Help Me Out. I Have Been Wanting A Diesel For A While Now, And My Buddy Has A 91 Chevy 4x4 K/2500, 6.2(i Think That's What It Is) That He Said He Would Sell To Me For $600. I Have Driven The Truck Before And It Was Perfect, Felt Like A New Truck. The Only Thing It Needs, (to His Understanding Is A Starter, Thanks To His Girlfriend Not Knowing When To Stop Cranking It). So My ? Is, What Should I Look For, For Problems. By The Way It Has The 700r4 And 188,xxx Miles. Anything Would Be Great. Thanks

Craig M
11-20-2007, 15:52
700R4 is an overdrive transmission. That helps on fuel mileage. The 188,000 miles may or may not be a problem. Many 6.2's have gone beyond the point. Some have not reached it. The fact that it has gone that far is a good sign of your buddies driving habits and/or a well built engine. The 6.2 is not a powerhouse like the current crop of diesel engines. It will not tow much, but will give you good service and reasonable fuel consumption.