PDA

View Full Version : glow plug specs

dieseldummy
11-30-2003, 21:39
I'm sure that it's been gone through before, but i cant' find it so i'll ask anyway. How many amps are each glow plug supposed to draw, and how do i identify what plugs i have. I have had the left bank out and there was nothing indicating that they were 9g, 11g, or 60g. they are however AC Delco's. All the plugs on the left side drew about 7 amps. I haven't got around to the right side, but i wanted to know what was good before i put it all back together.

whatnot
11-30-2003, 21:51
I seem to remember MorePower posting a while ago that they are supposed to start at 16 amps and quickly drop to 12 (I thnk), but I was testing them in my '93 and they all started out at 10 or 11 amps. They also don't have an ordinary number on them but they came in my used engine and were all good so I left them.
I haven't checked them in my '95 in a long time but I think those ones did start at 16 amps.

dieseldummy
11-30-2003, 22:15
when i tested mine they started at 12 an gradually droped to a low of seven, but was consistent with the four plugs i tested. the plugs get red hot quickly as well. should i change them just in case?