PDA

View Full Version : Automatic door locks/ZF6 manual tranny/EFI live???

farmertracks
11-24-2007, 17:04
On my 2006 with the ZF6, the doors automatically lock at 15 mph. The doors will not unlock untill you turn the key off and pull it out of the ignition, or press the unlock button yourself. Is there any way to keep the doors from locking automatically whether it be with EFI live or any other way??????? This annoyance is about to drive me nuts!!!!! Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

NutNbutGMC
11-24-2007, 17:24
On my 2006 with the ZF6, the doors automatically lock at 15 mph. The doors will not unlock untill you turn the key off and pull it out of the ignition, or press the unlock button yourself. Is there any way to keep the doors from locking automatically whether it be with EFI live or any other way??????? This annoyance is about to drive me nuts!!!!! Any help is greatly appreciated!!!There should be an option in the information center (steering wheel gadgets) to disable the locking feature. There is on the 2007 GMC that I have.

farmertracks
11-25-2007, 12:21
I should specify. My pickup does not have the DIC or any steering wheel controls. Any programming of the locks would then be done by turning the key on, and using the brake and gas pedals. According to the book, there is only one option for the doorlocks with the manual tranny. That is why I am frustrated and wanting a way around all that.

DmaxMaverick
11-25-2007, 12:27
Previous years were able to disable the feature with a ZF. Something like key on, brake on, press the power door lock button a number of times within a period of seconds. I don't know the exact procedure, but I've seen a 2005 ZF truck with the feature disabled. Could be different for 2006, but shouldn't be. If nothing else, it can certainly be changed with a Tech II.

farmertracks
11-25-2007, 12:29
That would be great if I could find a procedure to do it somewhere! Do you have any idea where to find that? My brother has the same annoyance with his 05 and would love to get rid of the automatic locking also!

DmaxMaverick
11-25-2007, 12:44
I don't know. ZF trucks are pretty scarce around here, most all are autos. You might try a local stereo shop. Any shop with Tech II (or compatible) capabilities should be able to help. The best I could suggest is to keep after it here (someone's bound to have the answer, but may not show up for a time), or ask around where you are. Bump your thread up every day or so. Usually makes it more visible to folks that stop in less frequently. Better yet, I'll make it a sticky for a while.

farmertracks
11-25-2007, 12:49
Thanks for making it a sticky. We have harrassed dealerships around here and get the same answer every time........"we can't do anything about that for you"

SoTxPollock
01-31-2008, 11:27
Soooooooooooooo, how hard is it to press the door unlock button?

dmaxmule
02-11-2008, 10:45
I have the same problem with my truck, and i have dealt with it for three years now. I have become acustomed to hitting the unlock button; however, it is annoying if a passanger is riding with you that is not used to the setup. They will tug and pull on the door handle so hard that I want to hit them in the back of the head hard enough to knock them out the window. The other time that it is real annoying is when you are a farmer and you pull up to a gate and leave you truck running, which is quite frequently. I think all that farmertracks and us others are saying that since we bought a truck to be our own we would like to have the option to change some of the functions of the truck that of course are not going to harm the truck. IF ANYONE FINDS A SOLUTION TO THIS I WOULD APPRECIATE KNOWING WHAT IT IS. IF I FIND IT I WILL POST IT AS WELL!!!!!!!!!

Turbo Al
03-15-2008, 19:29
Remove the doors.

Seriously if you cant override them some how the next best thing would be to pull the fuse if there is one dedicted to the locks.
Al

dieseldummy
03-15-2008, 20:08
On my dads '03 I had to do some sort of key on key off, push the lock button several times in a certain way and it turned off. It isn't a manual transmission, but that's how it said to do it without the enhanced DIC. I'll try to look the exact instructions up tommorrow. It sure is a pain in the rear getting in and out to open gates in the pasture...

rat4go
11-10-2008, 13:48
...I never saw an answer posted, so I called a buddy who read me the procedure over the phone. Short story is that for a 2003-2006 truck with a manual trans, there's no way of disabling the auto lock feature, only changing how it locks (speed or truck in gear). There are different modes for the unlock feature for auto trans trucks, but only the 'unlock with key removal' for a manual.

Wonder if there's a specific 'signal' wire from the Body Controller that cycles the locks that could be cut?

DmaxMaverick
06-14-2012, 10:39
One more bump before I unstick this thread. Any updates or solutions? I got nothing.

farmertracks
06-14-2012, 12:05
I am still putting up with them locking on their own. Now that my pickup is off warranty, I intend to try and figure this out. Thinking the only way is in the body computer. I have since bought an 02 zf for work.........it doesn't lock and its so nice! Will post more when i get around to tearing into the door locks more.