PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Treatments

chade
11-28-2007, 15:52
i've used this stuff in all my vehicles since i found it. i had a 93 ford ranger i bought with 70000 on it and ran 150000 on it with absoulutely no trips to the mechanic. i've heard great stories about it and it works great with my gas engines.

this is my first diesel and i know next to nothing about them. i've used the lucas fuel treatment and it seems to make my truck run better and helps me out on mileage. i'm runnin between 18-22 mpg on highway depending on wind (dang west texas winds!) and runnin about 12-14 in town.

D_R_C
12-04-2007, 16:54
I have used Lucas Fuel treatment for 4 years (and here goes the comments)
I mix 10 oz. lucas fuel treatment with 22oz. diesel kleen in a bottle and then add about 1/3 oz-1/4 oz per gallon of diesel,of my mix.
I have done this for over 3 years with no issues,and happy with what I do.
Actually Lucas is the only one I have found that has no kerosine,solvents or achol. which is not good for these new engines.
Diesel Kleen has a solvent,but they claim the type they use it is not harmful to the emissions and is safe for the new engines :confused: but use it.
I also use Lucas oil stablizer but only about 8-10 oz with the 10 quart oil change on my LMM.
With my Ford 6.0(sold) I put in 16 Oz. OIl stablizer with 14 1/2 quarts of oil and noticed the engine was not as clattery and smoother when using the oil stablizer.

Kenneth
12-04-2007, 17:36
I used lucas diesel injector cleaner for about 6 months and my mpg actually went down. I didn't notice a change in power or engine noise, but I did notice my mileage went down about 2 mpg. however, when I changed my injectors this summer my injectors were really clean. Of course they only had 140K on them, so the lucas treatment may or may not contribute.

I recently switched to Power Service and my mileage went up about 1.5-2 mpg and my engine is a little quieter. I have been using the PS for about 2 months and like it.

From all the people I have talked to that use any brand of treatment for some it works and others it doesn't. If it works for others give it a try. keep track of your mileage and see if it makes a difference.

I would do recommend that you not mix treatments. Sorry D_R_C. Different types of treatments react differently with with water. Some are emulsifiers and others are demulsifiers. I know from working with fertilizers, pesticides, etc on farms that there is a difference between emulsifiers/demulsifiers and they do react differently.

D_R_C
12-07-2007, 17:12
I would do recommend that you not mix treatments. Sorry D_R_C. Different types of treatments react differently with with water. Some are emulsifiers and others are demulsifiers. I know from working with fertilizers, pesticides, etc on farms that there is a difference between emulsifiers/demulsifiers and they do react differently.
I appreciate your concern,I had a similar comment on another discussion here on mixing reactions to water.
Maybe I`m missing something here but I`m adding this mix to my fuel.
I have done this mix for over 3 years and well over 75K miles on 2 vehicles.

And when Ford tore down my 6.0 after a botched job R & R-ing the head gaskets,the tech did not get #7 rocker on properly and it wore the keeper and dropped the valve within 2K miles.
He was quite supprised on how clean everything was and how good the fire ring pattern was on the pistons.
He stated apparently what ever I was doing I was doing right,my feelings are the same except for owning a Ford 6.0 Diesel.