PDA

View Full Version : Boost Gauge Install?

rdurh
01-18-2006, 15:27
I did a search but couldn't find anything that would answer my question. I've finally gotten a pyrometer and boost gauges for my truck (1994 Blazer 6.5L TD). The pyrometer install I'm OK with, but I can't see an easy place to install the boost gauge tube on the engine. The only picture that I could find in a search showed the tube mounted where the turbo boost sensor is on my engine. Is there any place that's somewhat easy to install the tube for the gauge or do I need to drill? I did see a boss on the turbocharger going to the manifold that I could drill and tap for the tube, but don't know if that's an ideal location.

Dvldog 8793
01-18-2006, 15:59
Howdy
You pretty much have to drill and tap a hole for the fitting. I used a spot on the back/left of the upper manifold that has a nice flat spot and plenty of material. Removing the upper manifopld is easy and while you are at it you can clean up the inlet pipe. This is detailed on JK's web sight (I think). Hope this helps...
L8r
Conley

stingthieves
01-18-2006, 16:36
I simply pulled out the boost sensor - installed a tee (branch down) and replaced the sensor in one end and the boost lead in the other end! :D

catmandoo
01-18-2006, 19:39
like dvldog i also put mine on the back side pretty much pointing at the hole in the firewall where the gasser throttle cable went thru,this way if so desired you can put the plastic cover over the engine and not see it.and definately ream out the upper intake while it's off.

rdurh
01-19-2006, 05:37
This is detailed on JK's web sight (I think)Do you have a link or URL address for the web site?

Dvldog 8793
01-19-2006, 06:04
Howdy
Go to the advertisers section and go to Kennedy sales. I think the modifications are listed in the 6.4 performance area. Basically all we are talking about feathering the leading edge of the upper intake air pipe.(this where the 2"rubber coupling is from the turbo) If you take a die-grinder and feather this edge as deep as you can and get it as sharp as you can it might make some maginal difference in the air flow. It's kinda one of those cummulative things. If you do this and open up the fender, put in a high flow filter, maybe a airbox system, and then port match the intake.... you'll have what amounts to the best possible air path.
L8r
Conley

Dihrdbowti
01-20-2006, 16:11
I took my upper intake off and drilled and tapped it right at the beginning of the intake just after the turbo. Shown here on JK's page. http://www.kennedydiesel.com/6265techtips.html