PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a reman short block

stacker
12-01-2007, 11:56
Good mornin: another fine day to play diesel doc. I probably will be lookin for a short block. Any suggestion. Since I already have new heads. I'm hoping the mech. just put in the wrong piston, so far this truck has been a money bag. Give you the up date. He got it apart, one precup was busted #8 and all were cracked pretty bad, motor ran good no smoke no oil consumption, I ran her hard for the last 6000miles, so we decide to put new heads on a new pistons. Now he calls and said it had a knock possibly a piston slap on 8 hun---I get over there and the pan coming off. Last night i call and he's gone to the machine shop, no call yet but i think someone dropped the ball a cylinder that didn't knock before, why now? Thanks for your support.

Robyn
12-01-2007, 13:02
-This does not sound good.
As long as the block does not have any cracks in the bottom end I would not be too quick to go shopping for another.

Keep us informed on whats up

Robyn

stacker
12-01-2007, 13:28
Anyone have an idea what it cost to rebuild w/machine work a short block. Since that might be my next move. Or is a reman. cheaper than paying a mech to rebuild.