PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 injector pump timeing

ueckebes
01-18-2006, 18:43
hello all. can anyone tell me whats the going rate to have the timeing set on a 96 model 6.5. i have done plenty of 6.2 and early 6.5 pump exchanges,but today is my first computer style pump to swap.the engine runs a lot smoother after the install,dosent miss and rev like it did before.however its a little hard to start,i'am assuming its out of time.is this something the dealer has to do,what special tool [programer] is required? thanks...

charliepeterson
01-18-2006, 19:36
The dealer will use a scanner called a Tech II. This is a bi-directional reader. Anyone can buy one for about $3K. It shouldn't take more than an hour tops! Sometimes it's only ten minutes.

Barry Nave
01-19-2006, 01:30
The dealer will use a scanner called a Tech II-

And hope that the dealer has some one who knows how to do a offset learn setting for the diesel.
Ask that base timing be set at +3.5deg. first on crank(moving pump around) and then do a TDC offset learn of -1.95.(or there close to but not higher than) Once set the truck will start better,run better and during cold start will also rattle(eng. sound) more. Once eng. is warm it will also sound more like a Direct Injection Eng.

ueckebes
01-19-2006, 17:54
thanks for your responses guys.i will start searching for a suitable dealer tomorrow.