PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

Sherlon
12-04-2007, 13:16
i listened to someone, bad mistake on my part for not asking more, but heres my problem. I own to diesel engines, a 300 cummings ibs, and 1995 tubo diesel chev, 2500 truck. Someone said add/a quart of trans. fulid to help lub. it. So i did, nps with the ibs and i now know why, but problem with the 1995 and NOW i know why, but is there a easy fix to getting the red color out the pump, on the 95. Some addtive i can add to fix my skipping problem. I tried fuel and injector clearned with no luck. Someone told me about this form, so though i would try. ANy HELP GREATFULL. Sherlon

joescj5
12-04-2007, 20:13
If you want to add lubricity add a LUBRICANT, ATF has a lot of detergents in it. Either buy diesel additive and use it (it probably costs the same as the ATF you used), or you can use a low-buck/redneck approved method. I have used diesel additives from the parts stores, and I have used 2-cycle engine oil, and I have heard of a lot of people using filtered used motor oil. I just haven't used it yet. Any of the three should do you just fine.

Second put just a little more time and clarity into your post. Use some punctuation fer gosh's sake. A spell check and few less abbreviations would be nice as well. This isn't a text message, so don't abbreviate everything (sorry about ragging on you, just several of my pet peeves all in one post ;) )

Now I think what you are asking is how to get the tainted fuel out of your injection pump. If you added so much ATF thtat the rig is now skipping you could be in for a real headache. These injection pumps seem to like their lube. I'll give you the two options I can think of. If my info is wrong than I know other members here will straighten me out.

1: The most correct answer. Drain your fuel tank and then add 5-10 gallons of fresh clean diesel. Add in a good dose of a good diesel fuel additive. Then flush out the fuel lines and filter housing of tainted fuel (there are a lot of write ups on this board on how to do it, but basically crack open the bleeder valve and then turn on the key to get your lifter pump to push all the tainted fuel out into a bucket). At that point you could probably button it up and drive because the fuel already in the IP will be cleared out in just a mile or so.

2: The easy, but possibly wrong way. Add a metric buttload of used motor oil (up to 10% of volume I think), 2-cycle motor oil, or additive. Run this crap down to a quarter tank and re-fuel with good clean diesel along with another good dose of additive.

Now run it after all the bad fuel is out. You can try running it on straight diesel and if there is no skipping you might be ok. If there is skipping on straight diesel then try adding a lubricant. If it still skips, then you may be on your way to a new Injection Pump.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Sherlon
12-27-2007, 00:14
First let me thank you for the reply. Second i added 32 ounces of 2 cycle oil.16 ounces of power service, problem sovled, 4 tanks has been ran though the engine with no problems. Thanks for the help, Sherlon