PDA

View Full Version : '05 Lly Tsb

rod.morgan
12-04-2007, 17:20
Hey,
I just bought my truck and the temp runs at 210 under both unloaded and towing, so I took it to the dealer and told them about 1850306, they "tested" the engine and said it qualified for the TSB, so they ordered parts and installed a '06 air cleaner, which appears to have a larger feed tube. Anyway, the new tube wasn't long enough to reach the input to the engine, so the tech hacked off a 5" piece of the old tube and used a hose clamp. Now I maybe be picky, but if a factory modification doesn't fit, I call the factory, not get out my trusty hacksaw. I have seen the temps go down to 190, but then go back up to 210 and then back down. but, I think the reduction in tube size has defeated the whole purpose. Anyone else have this mod done with the same results? Any advice?

More Power
12-06-2007, 11:09
Does your "filter minder" on the air box indicate a restriction?

Jim

rod.morgan
12-20-2007, 03:31
I don't show any restriction. Since my original post I have had abetter opportunity to evaluate the mod, and the truck is running cooler, but not by much.

Duramaster
12-21-2007, 22:50
Did the "HACKER" er, I mean technician also install the UPDATED SOFTWARE to go along with that new style air filter housing? :confused:

Kennedy
12-25-2007, 19:40
If by 210 you mean by the dash gauge, I'd say that is normal. The dash gauge is quite vague. I understood the air box swap to be a direct bolt in. Sounds like they may have missed a part, and if so, like Duramaster stated, they probably missed the ECM program change...

rod.morgan
12-26-2007, 14:11
Hello,
I requested the service tech update all the sw, and the service advisor responded "they always do", yet when I spoke to the tech with the hacksaw, he said updating the software wasn't in the ticket or in the mod package (BS) so I asked him to do it anyway, did he? I have no idea. I stood there with the tech as he and three of his cohorts looked at the contents of the mod, they tried to get it to fit, but he showed me it was short. I am really diasappointed in their piss poor service, I'm not convinced they know much more than me. On a side note, it is running cooler, if I am to believe the gauge (190). I just put in the egr blocker plate, no codes, should I bother unplugging the egr? Thanks for the feedback.

Duramaster
12-26-2007, 21:28
Step 24 inthe TSB is to reprogram with the current, correct software. I just checked the TSB myself! TSB # 06-06-04-036D dated 6/24/ 2007.

I haven't performed this repair yet, but I know of it.

rod.morgan
12-27-2007, 06:56
The tech was very nice, but I knew by the crowd around him he had never performed the mod before. I am still disturbed by the whole hacksaw thing, do you think I should take it to another dealer for inspection that the mod was performed correctly? Does the service bulletin indicate cutting with a hacksaw? I have not had any codes show up as of yet. Thanks.

Duramaster
12-27-2007, 22:10
There is cuting involved, but it sounds like he didn't measure correctly. If you send me your e-mail in a private message, I can e-mail the document to you for your reading pleasure. :D