PDA

View Full Version : Throw out howl

Inspector
12-04-2007, 20:05
When the clutch is shoved in it seems that the through out bearing is screaming its head off.
When the trans in the 93 was rebuilt two years ago the flywheel, clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing were replaced. The noise goes away when the clutch is released. The clutch and trans seems to work ok so do you think that a R&R of the T/O bearing is in order?
Denny

mr. monte
12-04-2007, 21:01
if you do r&r it for the throwout...I would replace the pilot bearing too, cheap insurance and while it's apart, hate to see you go through all that and find out it was the pilot bearing.

Inspector
12-05-2007, 19:12
That would be a given. Everything that can be replaced will be. That stinkin NV4500 is just to heavy to do back to back outs and ins.
Denny

a5150nut
12-05-2007, 23:22
That would be a given. Everything that can be replaced will be. That stinkin NV4500 is just to heavy to do back to back outs and ins.
Denny
Awwww....It gets lighter and easyer each time! :D:D:D

Inspector
12-06-2007, 07:49
Not at my age. LOL One good thing is that my son now owns the truck and he is a big strong boy. I'm sure he will round up some help.
Denny

DmaxMaverick
12-06-2007, 08:42
The pilot bearing deserves a look. If it is a bearing, it should be replaced with a bushing. The bearing can dry up and will sound just like a bad throwout bearing shortly before it grenades.