PDA

View Full Version : Its Alive

stacker
12-05-2007, 18:23
After all the bull i finally got my truck back from the mech. what a rape job, after all i ended up paying for his mistakes, charged for 2 pistons 3 head gaskets, 14 quarts of oil and 3 hours to pull a piston. total head job 3549.47. ended up having the wrong piston 20 instead of 40 over ha. but he'll never see my truck again unless it breaks and it his mistake.

redbird2
12-05-2007, 20:16
it cool outside today but not cold enough for hell to freeze over to get me to pay for his mistake. I would pay for 1 piston 2 head gaskets and 7 quarts oil and tell him to take a flying f****** leap for the rest. I thing I might think about taking him to small claims court to get back the money he screwed you out of for his stupidity

I hope he was dumb enough to explain what he did on the invoice to use in court.

at least you got the truck back.

best of luck

john8662
12-05-2007, 21:13
Ditto on what I said in the previous post when it was knocking.

Hopefully it didn't cause any damage to the cylinder bore during this process.

He at least knew it was OS if a .020 was used in a .040 bore, why not find out what the true bore was. Yes, that would have taken some effort to actually measure the old piston or bore and find out.

I hope you wrote a check, call the bank and have it cancelled. Let him sue you for the $, then you'll just have to go to small claims court, and he'll likely only get the $ for the parts.

J