PDA

View Full Version : Dealer won't warranty my IP or FSD at 55K miles

AndyL
12-01-2003, 08:53
The dealer said the IP failed due to water contamination. I just bought this truck and started having problems about 2 weeks after owning it. I think this is an excuse, how do I convince them? What evidence could they have to support this?

I brought the truck in for an FSD replacement, I was getting no SES codes.

Scooby
12-01-2003, 09:13
If it were me, I would change the fuel filter, and make sure the fuel filter bowl is clean inside. Then take the truck to another dealer. I had mine replaced less than two weeks after buying, and they gave me no trouble. I had already changed the fuel filther though. smile.gif

autocrosser
12-01-2003, 13:28
Unless they have disassembled the pump which is very unlikely they couldn't tell. There will be water collecting in the bottom of the filter which you should periodically drain. I believe there is also a indicator lite on the dash that will tell you that there is excess water in the filter.

I have been using Stanadyne additive since the second month after I bought the truck and have never found any other that when I drained it just before starting the use of the additive. Even the bottom of the filter housing doesn't have any corrosion from water. I just checked it last week as my original driver is starting to go bad and I didn't want any argument when I take it in.

AndyL
12-01-2003, 13:46
That was exactly my point, but they refused to listen. He said they had a check list of things to inspect before doing any warranty work and mine didn't pass therefor they won't warranty anything. I posted an additional message asking about this check list.