PDA

View Full Version : anyone running 13's WITH DPF?

camcojb
12-08-2007, 20:36
Just got an 07 crew cab 4X and my first goal is to be solidly in the 13's. I have a MBRP dpf back exhaust and Quadzilla Stealth on the way, but I'm guessing with the stock cat and DPF mid 14's at best with this combo. I'd much prefer to have the no-smoke and smell that the DPF gets you, plus keeping it legal in California.

I was wondering if anyone is running 13's on the new trucks with the DPF still in place. If not, will removing that but keeping the cat (or whatever it's called on diesels) get me over the hump?

Thanks for your time.

Jody

camcojb
12-18-2007, 19:47
slow board................... :D

mark45678
12-20-2007, 13:59
It takes a fair amount of power to get into the 13's with that weight truck , trans upgrades will almost sure be required ! I would highly rec contacting John Kennedy about his tunes , I think his tow/performance tune would run a very low 15 or high 14 and its very close to being smoke free on my LBZ truck. Real world running a filter and wanting to run 13's on just fuel isnt going to happen. Propane and or NO2 and 13's with a filter yes but you will still need some trans updates to handle 450+ hp needed to run that fast.

camcojb
12-20-2007, 19:06
It takes a fair amount of power to get into the 13's with that weight truck , trans upgrades will almost sure be required ! I would highly rec contacting John Kennedy about his tunes , I think his tow/performance tune would run a very low 15 or high 14 and its very close to being smoke free on my LBZ truck. Real world running a filter and wanting to run 13's on just fuel isnt going to happen. Propane and or NO2 and 13's with a filter yes but you will still need some trans updates to handle 450+ hp needed to run that fast.

well, I think a stock LMM runs low 15's. I've since found out that PPE has a tune with a bone stock truck (DPF, DOC, ETC.) 4wd CC that ran 13.60's, so it can be done.

Jody