PDA

View Full Version : '96 Burb and '07 Puma Travel Trailer

Jochen Woern
12-09-2007, 23:35
Here is my set up:

- 1996 Suburban and 2007 PUMA 26' foot Bunkhouse Travel Trailer.

Next upgrades:

- Triple Pillar Gauges for Pyro/EGT, Boost and Transmission Temp.
- Heath Max. E-Tork ECM
- Heath Turbo Master

bl78ljb
12-10-2007, 20:51
Just out of curiosity what is the empty weight of your trailer and how does the 'burb do towing it??

Jochen Woern
12-11-2007, 07:30
Hello Bryan, how are you?

If you look in the signature portion of my posting, you will see that the dry weight of the trailer is 6,165 lbs. (I think I am towing close to 9,000 lbs when loaded with everything you haul on a trip).
I had problems with the truck getting hot and not pulling my trailer very well, but as you can see as well in my signature block, I have made some mods and can already tell a big difference towing just by the improved air flow through Performance Intake as well as Exhaust.
I am planning on upgrading with the Heath Turbo Master as well as Max-E-Tork which I am sure will make the Burb a very good tow rig. One can NEVER compare the 6.5 with a Duramax, but with the necessary upgrades I think a 6.5 will tow just fine and trouble free. I also made sure that the area around the radiator is ALWAYS clean and free of debris and gunk (as we all have read many times here on the Diesel Page), which improved the overheating situation a lot.

Any further questions, just let me know.

Mark Rinker
12-13-2007, 06:24
Nice looking rig!

You'll be amazed at how the next two mods (fuel and boost) will really wake up the towing capability of your truck.

One thought - JK's fan clutch might be a good addition to keep the air flowing over your clean radiator as well.

Let us know how it goes after the mods!

Jochen Woern
12-13-2007, 10:17
Thanks very much Mark!

JeffsTowTruck
01-31-2008, 20:07
Nice lookin Rig. They almost match up. To bad the stripes are a little high they would look good on the burb.
Lot of info here on cooling if your having trouble.

Jochen Woern
02-01-2008, 13:30
Thanks very much Jeff.

I as well have admired pics of your rig/set-up, VERY NICE!

enforcer233
02-03-2008, 16:35
NICE RIG. As I am looking at your pictures I am sitting in a hotel room in Jacksonville N. C. and telling my wife I wish I had a camper to be in instead of this hotel room where we would be more comfortable.

The main thing is that my son came home from Iraq today in good health and with all his body parts. He is with the 2nd Marine Division, Headquarters Battallion, Truck Company. We are at the hotel because after spending the day with him he is with his buddies watching the super bowl and having a few to celebrate.

God bless all out troops!!!!!

Jochen Woern
02-03-2008, 23:15
Thank you very much enforcer.

My brother -in-law was in Iraq three times and came home safe and sound. I certainly do agree with you, GOD BLESS our Troops, I am very proud of every man and woman out there doing the job they are doing in order to keep us as well as this beautiful country safe.

Sure hope your son is a GIANTS Fan, AWESOME preformance and a win very much deserved.