PDA

View Full Version : TRC Paragon 3000 Grease ???

Hubert
12-11-2007, 20:30
Any one use Texas Refinery Corp. Paragon 3000 Grease? If so do you like it and does it bleed oil from the grease gun?

I want to try it because have read it doesn't bleed out of the grease gun and has a high timken load bearing test value. Suppose to be really good grease. Way overkill I expect but want a really good grease. Other choice may be their Moly 880 Crown and Chasis.

Only draw back I see is they sell in minimum quantity of 50 tubes. Dang thats a lot of grease for the individual guy.

Any other good greases that don't bleed oil?

More Power
06-23-2011, 09:41
Seems we are getting commercial (or what appear to be commercial) posts in response to questions about products, like Paragon 3000. For those reading this post, and have a commercial bent, consider this: post technical info that describes Paragon or any other grease that meets both the requirements of the application and discusses the question(s) asked in the opening post by Hubert.

If you are a commercial vendor or wish to post a response that might be considered commercial, contact me first. We sometimes allow what might be considered a commercial post if the value to the community outweighs other factors.

Back to Hubert's question... I haven't found a grease that doesn't bleed out of the gun. However, I recently bought a tube of Valvoline's all-purpose grease, suitable for nearly any automotive lube requirement - which includes disc brake equipped wheel bearings, ball joints, U-joints and chassis grease fittings. Amsoil, Royal Purple, Chevron and many others all produce similar products that would likely perform just as well. I simply took the easy route with an off-the-shelf product found in my area.

I recently replaced my old grease gun, that required two hands to operate, with a one-handed replacement - also from NAPA, along with a 12" flexible hose. Now, I can hold the grease fitting coupler (part that snaps onto the grease fitting) square to the fitting with one hand while my other hand squeezes the handle.

Some of the "bleed" may be prevented with a better grease gun. We'll see how it goes with the new Valvoline grease and the new NAPA gun....

Jim

kaylabryn
06-26-2011, 07:21
Years ago I worked in shop that used Lubriplate products that did not seam to separate and leak out of the gun. Have not been able to find it locally yet.

Mike