PDA

View Full Version : What PMD are you using on your 6.5?

xtrempickup
12-13-2007, 11:58
I was searching for a new PMD for my 95. 6.5L. I come across known-good used units, New units and upgraded ones from Diesel care that supposedly work better and last longer and are a thicker unit. Any feedback on what to buy. I dont want a used one unless I have to buy it. The IP on this truck was replaced at close to 100K miles, i dont know if that included the PMD when it was done. it has 158K now and i want to replace and relocate it. anybody has a current number that has the most recent revision and resistor to get?

DaveNY
12-13-2007, 16:30
If GM replaced your pump then the pmd was new, more than likely. I replaced mine at 99,000 mi with the Heath unit which comes with the latest model FSD. I am currently at 135,000 mi and all is ok so far. ( I put put the heath unit on to correct a denied warranty on my truck, too much of a hurry to change my filter) Same pump just changed the driver.
Dave

Robyn
12-13-2007, 17:27
I recently i-+nstalled a DTECH unit on DaHooooley.
The shop I got it from is a stanadyne repair shop and has been selling these for some time. The word is that they are a good choice.
Mine has been on the truck for about 1-1/2 months now.
Good price too.

Robyn

xtrempickup
12-13-2007, 18:42
i went with a new GM unit and i'm going to remote mount it and see what happens after that

redbird2
12-13-2007, 22:36
I installed a Heath remote had no choice was acting up in Spokane Wa back in 05 have been very happy with it from day one.