PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Housing

bsldallas
12-15-2007, 16:52
Time to change the fuel filter, so I did.
I pinched the gasket had a leak, grabbed another filter r&r it and sealed up fine. I now have a fuel leak. I will remove it between church tomorrow. Question if it is broken (cracked ect...) do I replace (where is the best place to purchase) or can it be cold welded or just welded... Thanx in advance

Hubert
12-15-2007, 17:10
First find the leak to make sure its the fuel manager and not the filter again. Make sure the old filter did not drop off the metal ring or other problem. The seal is fairly delicate and can get messed up on install. I take my time, cimb up into the engince bay, get comfortable, and seat it slowly and carefully.

GM dealer or Stanadyne shop are places to purchase OE fuel Manager. Might try other parts houses. But its made by Stanadyne only I believe.

Robyn
12-15-2007, 18:51
The fuel managers on these are marginal at best. They can develop leaks in the heater housing (Bottom) or the water sensor (Bottom side)
The housing itself generally will not have issues unless it has been molested.

The heater and or the sensor can be replaced easily.

Check it out well to see where the leak is. I know, this little monster is not exactly in a handy place.
If the filter is not leaking at the top or the air bleed then it has to be the heater,water sensor or one of the lines coming from or to the unit.

My DaHooooley developed a leak in the heater unit so I tossed the whole thing and installed a Racor up front instead

Good luck and let us know.

Robyn

bsldallas
12-15-2007, 19:56
Thank you both, I will tear into it and post the findings. The relocating sounds good too.

bsldallas
12-17-2007, 13:43
I took and ran the Tahoe for 1 hr. no leak, drove for 25 min. no leak. let it set for 2 hrs. no leak. So I left it alone before I tore into it. Then here it goes4 hrs. later. I will remove the housing and check it and lines and post findings. The top ring and gasket are still dry, has to be on the bottom side.

Seems like with it under pressure it would be more prone to leak.