PDA

View Full Version : kickdown

uglydukwling
12-25-2007, 10:01
I have a 354 Perkins with a Load-flite transmission (essentially the same as a Torqueflite) in a Winnebago. The conversion was already several years old when I bought it and the transmission seems to be holding up all right. My only concern is that there is no throttle valve (kickdown) linkage. The people who did the conversion just wired the throttle valve lever on the transmission in the 1/3 back position. According to the manual, it's supposed to be important to have the linkage adjusted correctly, but that's hard to do when there's nothing to adjust. Even if the transmission isn't in any danger, it would still be nice to have a kickdown. Manual shifting is awkward with the shifter mounted high on the exreme left side of the dashboard.
I can probably design a cable and brackets for the linkage, but it would save a little work if the parts already exist. Does anybody know where I can get them? There seems to be no problem finding parts for the transmission end, but the Perkins distributor I called wasn't able to help with the engine end.