PDA

View Full Version : Dash Blanks

78Chev
12-28-2007, 18:03
In this photo what switches etc. were options in each of the blanks in the dash of this 95 GMC 2500? Currently it has just the cargo lamp switch. Are there switches available from somewhere that fit nicely in these spaces for controlling fog lamps, etc.? Thanks.
Randy

xtrempickup
12-29-2007, 04:36
i know that there is at least one other switch that can go there, but if your truck doesn't have that option, why do you care. i would think only the junkyard or dealer would you be able to get the parts

93_Burrito
12-29-2007, 04:57
The top blank is used for the rear window wiper switch on Tahoes/Yukons and Suburbans. Pretty sure the bottom blank was for factory fog light switch.

I guess you know the other two blanks down to the left are for the push-button 4WD.

78Chev
12-29-2007, 07:18
Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.
I care because I might want to put switches in there some day for things like fog lights, etc.

Robyn
12-29-2007, 09:50
The little inserts pop right out easily when the dash bezel is off.
If you want switches there just drill a proper sized hole in the area you prefer and install a switch.

My DaHooooley has a PO installed driving lamp switch installed in one of the spots.

As was mentioned The Bone yard or the MA General store would be a source for the other type inserts with more square holes.

Lots of options there.

Robyn