PDA

View Full Version : For You Guys Who Missed The Biodiesel Show On "Trucks"

ZZ
01-28-2006, 11:37
It was on again today on Spike TV at 12:30 Central time. This is always the same episode that they show on Sunday's at the same time.

I just wish I had the 3 or 4 thousand that the machine costs. Stacey said the Biodiesel costs about 70 cents a gallon to make.

More Power
01-28-2006, 11:55
We watched that program as well. My daughter had a "light bulb" moment, and said that the process would make a great science fair project (she's in junior high)... It would, especially since she'll likely be driving a diesel in a year or two.... :D

I would encourage anyone who is considering buying the equipment to first survey their local area to determine the market for used cooking oil. Then, I'd want to acquire a significant quantity of used oil before spending the money on the bio-diesel equipment...

The surge in fuel prices and interest in home-brew diesel has dried up many of the used cooking oil sources...

Jim

roclongrider
02-02-2006, 08:41
ZZ: Take a look at the yahoo group, biodieselbasics. Tons of info on making biodiesel from folks that are doing it on a smaller budget than that!!

markrinker
02-02-2006, 15:50
MP are you gonna send your daughter off to school in 'Lil Red? :eek: