PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have schematic for glow plug controller on 95 TD?

RyanA
01-03-2008, 07:12
I got my truck and I have to listen for the glow plug relay to shut off because the light on the dash does not work. I pulled the cluster and the bulb is fine. I even swapped it with a known good working bulb. I need to see a schematic so I can trace down this glow plug signal wire and find out why it's not sending voltage to the cluster.

Ryan

cabletech
01-04-2008, 13:01
I have it in pdf format. PM me your email & I will send it.

Jay

TAG
01-07-2008, 17:48
Just a side note, when i bought my truck i had the same problem. I pulled the cluster and saw fingerprints all over the back of it like it had just been out. Needless to say i was peed off. I did a whole lot of checking and come to find out it is legal to take a canadian truck, pull the cluster & replace it with an american salvage cluster. They are supposed to convert the kph to miles. I back tracked it to the dealer in canada where it was traded in and lo & behold the mileage was correct. The moral of the story is that they used a 97 cluster which has the wts light in a different place and is activated opposite of the 95. I bored a hole in the mylar where the light is & it has been this way for 7 years. I just have a little white light instaed of the standard wts light. I could probably figure out a way to make it work right, but it has been on the low priority list for years. Check to see if it was built in canada.

RyanA
01-07-2008, 18:13
Cabletech helped me out and I found out what was wrong. It works great now! Thanks.

Ryan