PDA

View Full Version : 07 duramax ,plenty of problems

dirtyduramax
01-06-2008, 11:57
bought a 07 2500 silverado classic crewcab , have 30000 miles on it , fuel milage has seemed to be 15.6 mpg at 65 mph right since new, have been having alot of motor issues , as it would intermitently run rough and smoke excessively, oil leaks , took to dealership they could not repair it because the computor showed no codes ,found a missing o ring internal one for fuel filter was was not installed when dealership installed filter , hopefully this never caused to much fuel pressure to my injectors . now last night i went to go for a drive and made it about 1/2 a mile and lost all power ,can not get over 2000 rpm out of it had to limp it home and wait for dealership to open and get it fixed, does anyone know what may have caused the poer loss when i scaned it it showed codes p0100& p0106 any help or info would be greatly appreciated

DmaxMaverick
01-06-2008, 12:19
Welcome to the Forums!

When did the problems start? If some time after your fuel filter O-ring problem, that may be the cause. If they "forgot" to install the nipple grommet seal, you would have been essentially running without a filter. The fuel would have bypassed the filter element. ANY dirty/contaminated fuel would have been sent to the pump and injectors. Your DTC's are airflow related, which can be caused by the air filter needing service, intake ducting leak, or a poor sensor connector contact or disconnect. They may or may not be related to your limp mode and running condition.

If the dealer "left out" the fuel filter seal, and you drove it for some time like that, they owe you several fuel system components. Likely the HP pump, pump pressure regulator, rail pressure regulator, and injectors. Depending on how many miles you ran it with unfiltered fuel, it could be extensive, and detrimental over the long haul. These things are sensitive enough with well filtered fuel.

[edit]
No chance of overpressurizing the fuel system because of a missing seal. The system is suction from the tank to HP pump ("injector" pump). No lift pump on these from the factory.

OC_DMAX
01-06-2008, 21:14
P0100 = Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Malfunction

P0106 = Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Performance

Duramaster
01-07-2008, 07:27
How current is the engine software? There have been quitea few software upgrades for the engine. I can't list them all, But some are related to the egr operation. I also believe it covers smoke issues. ;)

carco
01-08-2008, 06:44
Just a story. I know of a Duramax in an 07 C5500 chassis, 1 of 9 the company bought, that spent 3 of its first 4 months in the shop. Replaced all kinds of parts, wireing harness, injectors , hp pump, sensors, etc. for many different symptoms, all under warranty. Most anyone who works on electrical will tell you to check the backside of the circuit or ground side,,,, problem was the body up-fitter failed to reattach a ground wire in a hard to find location. GM is supposed to have back-charged the body company for upwards of $8000.00! this is the word I was told, do not know if GM can back-charge an authorized up-fitter or not. May or may not be a problem but a wireing diagram and all grounds found and checked on a vehicle with lots of issues is time well spent.
Check for ground connection integrity and that all are attached.
And what Duramaster said!!!
bob..................

Dakster
01-09-2008, 05:37
dirtyduramax,

I noticed in your profile you are in Canada. I bet you have gotten a lot of snow this year? I beleive there were some intake issues with snow and a TSB out on it. I didn't really follow it too closely as I live in South Florida where it doesn't snow. Well, it snowed once, but it didn't stick.

Duramaster, do you have the TSB on this? Also, what did the new computer calibrations fix and what do you lose by getting them? Wonder if this would help my frequent regens and slow city driving issues...

dirtyduramax
01-12-2008, 20:13
It turns out that the map sensor collected moisture around it due to the cold canadian weather, Dealership replaced the sensor and had also welded a tube on it that surrounds the sensor and it seems to have done the trick as it is up and smokin the tires again;)

Dakster
01-13-2008, 10:44
Glad to hear you are back up and running!! Can you post a pick of what the dealer did to the MAP sensor?