PDA

View Full Version : Vacume Diagram

Colorado6.5
01-07-2008, 17:14
Hello all,
I am trying to locate a vacume diagram for my '94 6.5 turbo.
Anyone have a place that I can find one? I have two small vacume lines that go across the top of motor, but can't seem to figure out where they connect to. Any knowledge would sure help. Thanks.

Kenneth
01-10-2008, 18:16
The two lines go from the turbo wastegate solenoid (back of motor, mounted in the intake manifold/valve cover area on driver's side, small black rubber block) to the vacuum pump for your turbo which is located on the turbo side of the motor.

Hope this helps. A picture of the wastegate solenoid can be found on kennedydiesel.com under 6.2/6.5 Parts, then Turbo's & Controls.

Plowboy81
01-14-2008, 05:33
Well the orange one frist goes to the vacuum pump and then under the upper intake and infront of the lower intake to the wastegate solenoid valve. The black one comes from that same valve back under the upper intake and to the turbo wastegate. If it is the factory lines where the orange and black come together at that plug is where they hock to the valve which is located on the drives side back of the motor, bolted on a braket on the lower intake.

Iain
01-14-2008, 12:28
If you vacuum pump is suspect, just change it. It is not too big a job and if it is not pulling enough vacuum it will affect teh performance of the truck as the wastegate will not open (close?) to allow the turbo to provide the needed boost.

You can get the vac pump from the dealer or most parts stores.

Iain