PDA

View Full Version : Tail light replacement

Splitrimz
08-15-2004, 13:53
Hi,
I searched all through my AllData and these forums for Tail light replacement, nothing available. I need to replace a backup lamp and tail lamp on my 94 6.5TD Crew Cab Dually. Anyone have tips on how to get into the tail light assembly, no screws that I can readily find. Thanks. Splitrimz

Splitrimz
08-15-2004, 14:28
Hi,
Found it! In my Haynes Manual. For the next person searching. Open tailgate, two black headed phillips screws. These release inner side of lamp housing, outer side is hooked in place, just rotate housing outward. Lamps are in a module held in place by two 1/4 nut driver style screws. This got me wondering how to replace bulbs in the clearance lights across the tailgate. Off to research that now. Thanks Splitrimz.

a5150nut
08-15-2004, 18:32
While you are in there, you can run a jumper from the now single brake\turn bright to the upper one and have two bulbs working for brighter brake\turn signal. I had to make a jumper accros the ground on the bottom of the upper bulb and cut and soldered into the printed circut for the hot side.

Or if you want to get real fancy, run turn signal from front to the second(upper) bulb and have independent brake and turn.