PDA

View Full Version : Engine Stall?

SoTxPollock
01-16-2008, 11:15
Yesterday, 40 degrees F, raining, I went over this rough rail road track and when the truck came down on the other side(yeah that rough) when I got my foot back on the accelerator petal absolutely nothing happened, I pushed it a little farther, it stopped slowing down, but didn't accelerate either, so I shoved it all the way to the floor and it came alive, made a lot of injector noise and blew white smoke out the exaust, then coughed, almost like a backfire through a carburetor would sound, the messesage center light went red for about 1/2 a second and then it took off and ran fine ever since. Any ideas???
That's the first time I ever felt anything like that from a Duramax, its got me stumped. No check engine light, has that ever happened to anyone that you could hit a bump hard enough to make the engine shut off momenterly?

linchhummmer
01-16-2008, 18:21
did the gauges flicker?

SoTxPollock
01-18-2008, 11:09
No, gauges were steady, lighting stayed the same, still running fine, just another mystery I guess. Still I wonder, some sensor going??, but no check engine light??

DieselMonk
01-18-2008, 16:21
Maybe she sucked a bit of water in the fuel system...

Mark Rinker
01-18-2008, 22:50
Check to see if one of your batteries came loose. Sounds like a momentary electrical short or disconnection of some type.

cowboywildbill
01-19-2008, 06:05
I think Mark may be on the right track. Maybe a loose ground somewhere or even something to do with the drive by wire throttle system.

SoTxPollock
01-24-2008, 11:11
Thanks, for all the good suggestions, I agree they are all potentials, but so far have found nothing wrong and it hasn't happened again. Again thanks.