PDA

View Full Version : 95 yukon 2 door 6.5TD!!!!

97-6.5TD-F
01-19-2008, 23:56
Well, I finally found one again! Only the second one I have ever seen! Going to look at it in a week and its 250 miles away, but I dont care I have been searching for one of these babys forever! 174k miles, body is mint! He's asking 5900 bucks but said it has a stalling problem and will come down on the price:):cool::D!!! Any input on this? Just how rare are these because I sure havent seen too many rockin a turbo diesel!!

bsevans
01-20-2008, 00:29
I have a 95 Tahoe 4x4 with the 6.5L TD. I ordered it from the factory as an Option 1 GM employee purchase (18% savings). I've only seen 4 or 5 Yukons/Tahoes in the Tucson area with the 6.5L TD. I assume that you already know that the 6.5L TD was only offered as an optional engine in the 2 door Yukon/Tahoe. It was never an option available in the 4 door. I believe it had something to do with the new drivetrain and frame on the 4 door Yukons and Tahoes.

micky_blue
01-20-2008, 11:45
im still kicking myself n the ass for not buying a 98 when i had the chance. DUMB DUMB DUMB

micky

bsevans
01-20-2008, 12:43
I have a 95 Tahoe 4x4 with the 6.5L TD. I ordered it from the factory as an Option 1 GM employee purchase (18% savings). I've only seen 4 or 5 Yukons/Tahoes in the Tucson area with the 6.5L TD. I assume that you already know that the 6.5L TD was only offered as an optional engine in the 2 door Yukon/Tahoe. It was never an option available in the 4 door. I believe it had something to do with the new drivetrain and frame on the 4 door Yukons and Tahoes.

I forgot to add that what sold me on the '95 Tahoe, besides the 6.5L TD, was that it was the first year you could get cargo doors on the two door.

DieselDavy
01-20-2008, 13:11
It is rare! I have a 97 and I'm really happy with it. I've heard that they only made a couple of hundred of them per year. I don't know that for sure though.
Sure is fun to drive! (unless the road is slick, then the back end can get in front of you real quick)
Dave

Craig M
01-25-2008, 10:33
The 6.5 equiped Tahoe/Yukons were low production for sure, but not that low.

arveetek
01-25-2008, 15:43
I bought my '95 Tahoe a little over 2 years ago. Had 165K on it at the time, LT model, fully loaded with all the options at the time, leather, CD, etc. 4wd. Body was near perfect, mechanically solid. I stole it for $4995. All I've had to do was install an FSD and cooler, and update the OPS system. I knew these items needed fixed when I bought it, so it was no big deal.

I've got a little over 200K on her now, and she shows no signs of wearing out yet!

Mine is the only diesel Tahoe/Blazer I'ver personally seen, although I see lots of 6.5 pickups and a few 6.5 Suburbans once in a while. I've seen several diesel Blazers in the old 82-91 body style, though.

Casey