PDA

View Full Version : What does trouble code 35 mean?

914turboford
01-20-2008, 12:19
I am having the unpredictable stalling issue and I think I am zeroing in on the PMD. I have searched alot. Unfortunately the search function won't let you search for a 2 character string so when I search for code 35 I get every post with code. My Hayne's manual says 35 is "ignition pulse width fault". What does that mean to me? That is the only code I'm getting on my 94 Burb.
Brian

cranky old fart
01-20-2008, 15:13
I found this on Kennedy tec tip page

[edit]

hope it's ok to paste this here.
Jeff

--------------------------
Actually, most copy/paste content is not allowed. We have to watch the copyrights.

You can post links to the page, though. Like this:

www.kennedydiesel.com/readcodes.html (http://www.kennedydiesel.com/readcodes.html)

--DmaxMaverick

Warren96
01-20-2008, 16:21
Two years ago, mine threw a 35 and i am afraid your right. Is yours still mounted to the pump?

914turboford
01-20-2008, 21:15
I just pulled it off the pump today. I purchased a harness extension and am planning to mount it to an old amplifier heat sink behind the bumper. I snugged up the nuts that hold the big resistors on (they were a bit loose) the back of the pmd. After the extension arrives I plan to use the old pmd and see what happens. I would like to know what that code means.

914turboford
01-20-2008, 21:18
I found this on Kennedy tec tip page

[edit]

hope it's ok to paste this here.
Jeff

--------------------------
Actually, most copy/paste content is not allowed. We have to watch the copyrights.

You can post links to the page, though. Like this:

www.kennedydiesel.com/readcodes.html (http://www.kennedydiesel.com/readcodes.html)

--DmaxMaverick

That gives a slightly different description of code 35 than my manual:
DTC 35 - Injection Pulse Width Error (Response Time Short)

But what does that tell me?

JohnC
01-21-2008, 15:17
In a nut shell it means the fuel solenoid is not opening or closing when it is supposed to. The PCM interprets his to mean it cannot accurately control the fuel rate so it shuts the engine dawn, commonly called "stalling".