PDA

View Full Version : extra long fsd extension harness

David Proske
09-01-2003, 19:33
I think my 94 has lunched another FSD. I still have the cooler bolted to the manifold. Did anyone ever make a extra long extension harness to mount the fsd and cooler in the airconditioned cab??

FirstDiesel
09-01-2003, 19:46
Check the advertisers section. Kennedy sells them.

david
09-01-2003, 21:05
David,
I cut and spliced mine with no prob.
I put it on the fender..........
I don't here you on the radio ????????
I am good in the book and qrz call me if i can help!!!!
David ;)

tanker
09-02-2003, 03:32
David, John Kennedy has an extension harness, that he will make almost any length. I bought a 72" extension and will mount mine down under my truck on the frame somewhere. I don't have any room under the hood, plus its hot under the hood. I think I will get better cooling in the basement :D . I just haven't had time to do it just yet.

ucdavis
09-02-2003, 10:47
Kennedy is the easy & sane option to leave the PMD as a spare or keep it as an alternate to keep the IP warranty alive (you can resnap in the PMD & run to the dealer for service w/a stock config.).
Cheapest is to cut the six wires to FSD connector & splice in whatever length wire you need. Not a stock config. so you have potential arguements on warranty is that's an issue. You can do this w/a spare harness & swap to stock for warranty service but that's a major pain.
The labor intensive way is to cut the connector section out of an old FSD & use that for one end of the extension harness & female end off a spare harness for the other. This takes about 4+ hours or so depending on time for roundup of supplies, shrink tube, etc.

RonD
09-02-2003, 17:54
I cut the harness, made it long enough to go through the fire wall. Its now mounted just behind the brake pedal with a heat sink and CP fan mounted to it. It neveres gets warmer than 80 or 90 degrees even when towing . I had this on now for three months . The handy thing i can check on it with out opening the hood. Get the PMD out of the engine compartment. Its after you shut down , it bakes from all the heat.And I truly think this is the problem.

rjwest
09-02-2003, 18:22
Ditto on in cab.... Cool with A/C in hot weather.
24" cable just makes it...

Did Have Many FSD Fails ( I thought !!!! )
Was the Inj Pump.

Now testing all my suspect FSD's on remote mount...

dslpwr
09-02-2003, 18:54
JUST WONDER HOW YOU SPLICED IT BACK TOGETHER.

MOST OF MY SPLICE JOBS COME LOOSE.
CAN YOU BUY A PLUG IN CONNECTOR THE WILL FIT FSD?