PDA

View Full Version : A day at the beach

Robyn
01-26-2008, 08:28
Well my usual wierd sense of humor has taken me on yet another damned fool crusade.
I do a bit of video production work and have always been fascinated with the "composite" still images" and paintings.
Recently I got a 10MP DSLR to fill in the gap in the hardware and then it was time to step up to the big leagues and get me feet wet in Photo shop.

A friend had version 6 that he was not using any longer and offered it as a gift.

Hmmmm this was starting to get interesting.

I was cruising through some pix that might lend themselves to the learning curve and found a shot of the Pacific Ocean that we had taken a couple years ago.

It was a nice shot but with nothing particularly noteworthy in it.
The day was heavily overcast and the ocean was rough with loads of heavy surf.

The spot we were standing was a low bluff that rolled down to a spot near the waters edge.
There were tire tracks in the dark sand from a rig that had been there not long before.

I decided to drop DaHooooley into the frame and see what I could do with the tools.

The process did not take long to figure out but it was still pretty boring and needed something.

Now keep in mind that I am still cruising through this giant rollaway of tools (Photoshop) and every drawer has something new to play with in it.

After about an hour of just poking and experimenting I found some kewl little toys and decided to have some fun.

A day at the beach is what resulted and left me giggling a lot. The more I tweeked on it the wilder it became and the better I liked it.

My goal with some time is to create composite pictures with many incongruent items all blended together.
I love photoraphy and the computer tech makes the possibilities almost endless.

Now mind you I have spent my share of time fighting with the electronic magic boxes to get everything working.
Finally had to set up a computer just for video and photo work to get rid of all the gremlins.

Possibly a hand crank on the puter would help. Hmm maybe I should remote mount the PMD. :D

Just though I would share and let others titter a bit too.

Best

Robyn

rustyk
01-28-2008, 21:51
Cute! But you better get some clothes on that DaHooley, or it'll get some prurient email from some Club-Cabs...:eek:

Robyn
01-29-2008, 07:34
Hmmmmm Clothes for the DaHooooley, interesting thought :D
What shade would you prefer :)

Just could not resist posting the goofy little pic.

Working on some far more serious materials now.
I finished a really cool picture combining the Oregon coast, My Hood, a lovely whitwater river and some large Bull elk.

I may hate the electronics in my DaHooooley but the more goodies I can cram into my computer to do things with the better I like it.

I do have hopes of turning what once was nothing more than a fascination into at least a part time job.

I have been watching a young Gal here locally over the last couple years in her quest to become a pro Photographer. She started out with a beat up old SLR and a dream, and has turned the dream into a full time job that seems to be treating her well.

I printed off a couple copies of some stuff I have done and placed them in the gun shop. Took all of a couple hours for some interest to pop up.

Maybe, Maybe, we shall see.

The overhead with the trucking company has gotten to the breaking point almost and its time to look toward something that takes less rolling stock and does not burn diesel by the tanker load every month.

Later

Robyn

rustyk
01-29-2008, 18:34
Here's photo of StaRV II also "at the beach"...:D

Robyn
01-30-2008, 09:01
Hmmm that beach looooooooooks mighty cold.:eek:
The surf there in front of the MH looks a tad bit stiff too :D

Just amazing what sort of things can be done though with the electronic imaging tools.

Probably make your MH look like a 747 with a little tweeking. Possibly a landing craft with a little imagination and a lake to work with.

Robyn

rustyk
01-30-2008, 18:34
At 5°F and about 15 mph wind, I certainly didn't want to "hang ten" :D

Robyn
01-30-2008, 19:01
Yeah Buddy

I have seen 2F here with 20 MPH wind, Nasty, Nasty :eek:

Robyn