PDA

View Full Version : ECM/Computer Updates

Dakster
01-27-2008, 19:31
Does anyone (hint Duramaster) have a list of the different computer revisions and what they are supposed to address?

The reason I ask, is that I am going to go to the dealer to verify the vent tube isn't kinked and I was thinking of having them update the ECM to the latest revision. I am hoping that regen frequency and/or programming was changed. I am now regenning almost every 100 miles.

Thanks in advance.

Dakster

Duramaster
01-28-2008, 06:45
:)I know there is some new software to address EGR issues on the LMM. But it will all depend on how new your truck is/ was. If you PM me your VIN, I MIGHT BE able to tell what softwarre you have. :)

More Power
01-28-2008, 15:23
Assuming you haven't been using a power adder (plugging the DPF)... I'd ask the dealer to check the before/after DPF pressures. There may be a calibration problem with the pressure sensors or the filter may be partially plugged. I hope not...

I read a while back that some DPF manufacturers rate their DPF in the number of regen cycles. If that is true for those GM is using, excessive regen cycles could shorten the life of the DPF. In any case, it is under warranty for 120K miles. :)

Jim

Dakster
01-29-2008, 11:38
Duramaster, I'll PM you my vin when I get home tonight.

However, I should have the very first calibration they came out with as I bought my truck almost 1 year ago. Dealers still had a lot of classics in stock and the NBS GMC's weren't even on the lot yet.

The truck runs and drives fine, it just seems to be in regen way too often which we know K-I-L-L-S the mpg...

Debating to take it in for a computer programming upgrade or just deal with it. I was also wondering what other changes it would bring, sometimes the cure is worse than the problem!

Thank you both for your help!

Dakster
02-07-2008, 18:06
I stopped by my local dealer for a service call since I couldn't clear the "Clean Exhaust Filter" message regardless of how long I steadily drove over 30 mph. The tech did a forced idle regen, which caused the throttle body to close and the motor rev. After about 5 minutes the idle returned to the normal, bumpy 600 rpm idle. The DIC MESSAGE STAYED ON after the successful idle regen. The technician had to use the tech II to clear the code. They have had to do this on a number of DMAX's. For some reason the message "Sticks" on, even though my DPF had only 1 gram of soot. Now the good news, they haven't gotten one back after the tech II cleared it.

Within an hour I was on my way, happy I didn't have to leave my truck overnight...

I will keep you all informed if it comes back and/or stays on again.