PDA

View Full Version : starting issue

daustin
01-29-2008, 08:29
I've got a starting issue with my truck. New injectors, new 60G's, tested the GP controller and it seems fine. When I start my truck, it glows for like 10 seconds then it will start. It start very bumpy, like it's missing and smokes grey (fuel) for about 20 seconds then smooths out and is fine. It will start down to 10deg F, but the smoking drives me nuts. It even smokes & starts rough when it's 70 outside. Almost like 4 glows are working but 4 are not. Any ideas?? Is there a fusable link on each side? Thanks for the help.

Don

DennisG01
01-29-2008, 09:40
It never hurts to check the glow plugs again. You can test them right in the truck with either a test light or, even better, a multimeter set to resistance.

You said your relay is fine...Did you check to see if you're getting power at each plug when the WTS light is on? I believe there is a fusible link for each side.

daustin
01-29-2008, 10:04
I haven't checked each glow plug, i checked 3 of them and they looked ok with the multimeter. I'm thinking that the turbo side has shorted out somewhere and not heating those, maybe popped a fusible link. I put 60G's in it about 3 months ago, i'm also considering a longer glow time or switch for more glow. The glow time seems a little shorter than other posts i've seen for approx the same temps. Thanks, i'll look over the fusible links and probe all 8 glows.
Don