PDA

View Full Version : TDCO Learn on OBDI

WRB Diesel
02-01-2008, 11:19
Everything I have found on the search engine for the KO/KO process for re-learning TDCO seems to mention OBDII, is the KO/KO procedure the same for the 94-95 vehicles. My '94 suburban has been under the knife for 10 months now, new heads, gaskets, IP pump (used from another motor with about 1000 miles on it) dual thermostatts and HO water pump, new DP and SS exhaust/crossover. It starts and runs but very rough at idle with plentiful amounts of white smoke, with some throttle things smooth out and feel/sound much better. I assume with new IP, not completing TDCO learn procedure and not allowing engine to get up to temp is causing the problems. I have bled the injection system twice to make sure no air is in the system, I am heading today to pick up some high quality clear tubing to permantely replace to IP fuel return line to make sure no air.
Is the procedure the same for OBDI and OBDII? and do I seem to be on the right track?
Thanks in advance for all the help.
Aryn

JohnC
02-01-2008, 11:59
The only way to do it on ODB1 is with a bidirectional scanner, like the Tech 1/2. Eng engineering, an advertiser here, has a good third party backage to do it, too.

SwedeBurb
02-05-2008, 17:02
This is what you need to set TDCO on a OBDI (1994-95) truck... http://www.enghmotors.com/tech/default.aspx

/Stefan