PDA

View Full Version : pcm 16212488 95 6.5L, chip# compability

ff43sc
02-02-2006, 13:14
I have been having problems with my cruise control and TC unlocking if I let off throttle at all while on highway, have already replaced throttle pedal assembly, These problems started a few monthes after a gm mechanic replaced my injection pump and then pcm.
I sometimes see codes in history when I had a local shop time it, but no service throttle lights come on.

I recently bought another pcm that has the chip in it already and i wondered if you can tell me if It will work with my truck, it supposedly came off similar year truck with 6.5L diesel...I don't know enough about these chips to know if it could be programmed in a way that could cause problems with my IP and other electronics if chip isn't exactly same as the # i have..) I am wondering if pcm or chip in my truck are bad and am hoping to "fix" it by installing this new pcm...thanks for any info you can give me...
My truck is 95 k2500, 6.5L Vin F, 4l80e tranny. The computer i bought has a chip marked as follows:
BPAB

I appreciate any help anyone can give me with this, Please feel free to email me direct at FF43SC@aol.com

[ 02-05-2006, 05:17 AM: Message edited by: ff43sc ]

gmctd
02-05-2006, 07:17
Take the PCM to the parts counter at your local GMC\Chev dealer, and he can look up specific service for those numbers.

Also, have someone watch the brake lites when you gently depress the pedal - could be the combo Brake Lite\TCC switch needs adjustment to allow some slack - should be 3/8"-3/4" free travel.

TCC normally unlocks - don't recall the speed range, tho - when accel pedal is released, cruise normally unlocks when braking, but what function requires accel pedal release when in cruise mode?

[ 02-05-2006, 06:32 AM: Message edited by: gmctd ]