PDA

View Full Version : Help - Truck Won't Start - No Glow Plug Light

MEdlin
08-16-2004, 15:11
Just now tried to leave the office and the truck won't start. I don't get a glow plug light on the dash as I attempt to start the truck. Fuses under the dash look ok, can't check fuse links under hood. Any ideas?

markrinker
08-16-2004, 15:30
Ideas to fix it, or ideas to get home?

To fix it - I'll be your glow plug relay is shot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7916238262&category=6763&sspagename=WDVW

To get home - plug it in for awhile, the block heat might be enough to get it to fire over.

MEdlin
08-16-2004, 15:59
I just replaced the PMD and ran it this morning without the resistor in place. I got the resistor today at lunch but did not put it in until just now (when the truck won't start). I'm going out to check for DTCs and reset them if any. If it doesn't start, then there's always AAA.

....ever get the feeling that you're throwing good money after bad.... :mad:

ttpost
08-17-2004, 07:11
try exposing the two connections on the relay and then jumping them for about 10 seconds. have someone watch to see if your glow plugs come on, if so it should start. check the connections behind the fuel filter with the yellow, black and pink wires good luck

JohnC
08-17-2004, 10:18
If you jump the relay, make sure you use a heavy wire! (Jumper cable comes to mind.) The draw is about 100 amps. Also, make sure the connections on the relay aren't loose...