PDA

View Full Version : Dash problems! Can you help

cwillis
02-04-2008, 15:02
So i am a total suburban FNG.

I have some problems with my dash and was wondering if anyone had information or past experiences that might be able to help. . .

here we go!

My dash pad is cracked with holes and nasty! where can i get a good replacement? are there different types?

My clock is broken. are they easy to fix, or cheap to replace?

My oil pres guage wont go below 40. in fact the needle rests at 40. are there cheap replacements?

Can gauges easily be replaced with aftermarkets in the same spot? Say dropping in autometer replacements for example. anyone done it or have any info on it?

also, my dash lighting is kind of messed up, but not really. Pretty much 1/2 of the bulbs are burnt out. does anyone know what type i need? Or better yet have a PDF version of the FSM?

I would like to replace them with LED's, as well as my dome lights and tail/turn signals. are there certain resistance values that need to be met in the dash lights and dome lights?

THANKS A TON!!!!

wfyehl
02-05-2008, 06:45
cwillis,

What year is your truck? Can help otherwise.

cwillis
02-05-2008, 20:02
1984 Suburban Silverado 4x4 with the 6.2

wfyehl
02-06-2008, 13:46
cwillis,

The guages are easy to replace once you have the guage panel off. I actually have guages for that vintage of truck. I'll check to see if it contains a clock. I bought it when I had my 1981 K10 for the printed circuit board. I'll let you know what I have.

cwillis
02-06-2008, 14:26
hey thanks. let me know how much you want for them and ill get back to you. I haven't actually done any troubleshooting on them yet so i want to make sure its actually them and not the sender/power.

i appreciate it.

so has anyone replaced the dash pad? I cant find one for cheaper than 80 dollars. for that i will modify mine and cover it in tweed.

wade-ve7trw
02-06-2008, 15:40
try someone like LMC Truck

wfyehl
02-08-2008, 06:15
cwillis,

I checked the two gauge panels that I have. I don't have a clock. But I do have both a mechanical and electric oil pressure gauge.

There are a couple of gauge panels on eBay with clocks, if you want to go that route.

Also, the lights are real easy to replace, once the gauge panel is out of the truck. Some can be reached from underneath the dash, but that is not a fun way to do it. I believe that the light number is 194.

cwillis
02-11-2008, 01:45
wyfehl, thanks a ton. good news though. I fixed all the gauges when i took my dash apart to get to the light bulbs.

Thanks again though.

I think i have a good solution for the dash lights, that i put in another thread.

And i will be experimenting with a bunch of LEDs for the dome lights soon.

Thanks!
Chris