PDA

View Full Version : First diesel, First Rig

evo rider
02-06-2008, 09:42
Drove cars for a couple years and I always loved trucks way better so I picked up this 88 k5. It was a challenge to find one with a 6.2l that was moderately priced for my thin wallet but it runs and drives well and no rust except for a quarter size spot on the top of the tailgate.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/evorider/DSC04478.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/evorider/DSC04479.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/evorider/DSC04482.jpg

cwillis
02-06-2008, 19:34
nice, looks clean!

More Power
02-06-2008, 23:33
Nice looking Blazer, and the engine compartment looks pretty much 100% stock - which is a big plus!

Jim

arveetek
02-07-2008, 07:36
Awesome! I love Blazers, especially the old body style.

Casey

DA BIG ONE
02-07-2008, 08:59
Had 86 GMC Jummy w/6.2 and I do miss it.

evo rider
02-07-2008, 14:26
Yeah I love this truck a lot. It does need some tinkering but is perfectly driveable. Id like to get a 2 inch lift and throw some bigger tires on it but otherwise its going to stay stock

DmaxMaverick
02-07-2008, 15:32
Nice looking Blazer!

Before you do a lift, consider the larger tires, first. 33x12.5's will fit on it w/o a lift. Unless you need a LOT of ground clearance, this will get you just about anywhere. And, you'll maintain a lower center of gravity. Very important if you plan on any off road driving in the hills or dunes. Handling will be much better w/o a lift, too. The wheelbase is really short,so just about anything you do to the suspension will be exaggerated. Besides, a low-slung rig with big tires looks really cool.

evo rider
02-07-2008, 19:21
Thanks for the suggestion. Ill definitely go that route since they'll fit without a lift. Less hassle and less cash is always good. I plan on making this my hunting/backroads truck. It wont see any truely hardcore wheeling but it will meet mud and rock for sure. Ive been going through it fixing all the essentials (windows, starter, tailgate, ect) before I start modding.

Robyn
02-09-2008, 09:02
Definately a nice little truck.

These little Blazers (This Body style) are my weak spot.
I love these. I would buy another Blazer diesel in a heartbeat.

I really like my 95 DaHooooley but its a Bloody boat. The Blazer is so nimble in traffic and off road and the mileage is wonderful for a full sized rig.

Great looking rig..
Enjoy
Robyn gives these 5 :D:D:D:D:D

JeffsTowTruck
02-18-2008, 16:53
Nice blazer and a diesel!! Ya got a couple things going for ya. Good to see a young guy interested in a diesel.
You might check out my sig pic link. I will not hold your forum name against you but I do have a shirt-- See no EVO Hear no EVO Ride no EVO !! Truth be told I have never rode one.
Good luck with the new truck.. And welcome to the site, It has save me a ton of money.

evo rider
03-06-2008, 17:09
Hahaha I like that saying. I actually got my sig name from my first dirtbike which was a 78 yamaha yz250 Evolution series. I love this rig. People always ask me if the diesel is a swap cause you just dont see them too often